Monday, November 17, 2014
Spiderman sees Rocky, Ben Franklin, and the Temple!! 11/17/14
We got some good investigators that are progressing, but this week we mostly found a bunch of new people on the street. I'm getting more bold in my street approaches. I straight up asked this dude "ha preguntado antes, cuales la iglesia verdadera?" Dijo que "si" y dije "estamos aquí para contestar su pregunta, somos de la iglesia djcdlsdlud (abreviated) y tenemos la verdad." Turned out to be a Solid conversation. Hope he progresses. I'm gonna be more bold on my street approaches cause all that fluffy stuff dosent really matter. Haha! Wow Kylie is home!? Crazy! Oh yeah the pancake buffet was sweet! And ya I fell asleep in the shower. It was nice. Man I wish I could've been there for Joshua's first time at the temple! Ah! So jelly of you guys! So I went to philly this week! So sick! We went to a bunch of places! Even the rocky steps! Loved it! Oh and we knocked on this one lady's door and set up an appointment with her. Her little 3 or 4 year old little boy came to the door too and started freaking out screaming with excitement "He's here. He's here!!" and jumping up and down when he saw me. Guess who he thought I was... Yep Spider-Man.. He legit thought i was him! His mom told us he is in love with spider man. So I talked to him for a little and he was so excited to meet spider man, he even said I love you right before I left! Haha!. It made my day. Oh and I ate some cow stomach yesterday. It was weird, my tummy felt weird.. Haha! It was a good week. So this week I was reading in Ezra Taft Bensons book about pride, and how pride is the universal sin. It is so true. All of us experience pride at one point or another in our lives and the only antidote is to stay humble. Ask yourself if you are trying to raise others around you. Cause that is what God does. He wants every one of his children to achieve his same glory. I never thought of it like that before. It was cool. Elder Minnich is actually teaching these piano classes to some investigators and it's super cool! Spanish is really good. I'm getting there, Minnich says I'm almost fluent. Man I'm already 1/6 done with my mish? That's scary.... These past 4 1/2 months have gone by too fast...
Love you!
Elder Hillstead
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment