Monday, October 26, 2015

Doing fine in Philly....10/26/15

(We received a phone call Wed. morning from Ed Davis who served with Elder H's dad on his mission in England. He ran into our Elder in Philly at a funeral for Ed's family member. They got to spend a bit of time together that day.  Small world! Love it!)


Visiting the Priesthood Restoration Site on the Susquehanna River


This week was supa cool! I loved it! So the priesthood restoration site was amazing!! You guys have got to go there! I took quite a few pictures. And I got to see elder Mcarthur! I love that guy so much! And the rest of my Spanish buds! Elder Hopkin, Elder King, elder Cruz, Elder Weeks, Elder Torres, I love those guys! The spirit is so strong up at that place though. We didn't get much time to walk around through the grove much but I want to so bad! We did get to go where Joseph smith was baptized and that was the coolest experience ever! Loved it loved it!

So something else cool that happened this week, me and elder B were driving to an appointment that we had, and we were stopped at a stoplight, something that we do all the time is called "drive by Jesus cards" cause we don't necessarily get as much time as we would like street contacting, so this guy drove up next to us and was listening to some Spanish music. So I started talking to him out the window and gave him a Jesus card with our number. And usually giving out cards isn't too successful but a few minutes later, he calls us! He told me he had just come from New York and having a lot of difficulties and that he was just talking to a guy at his work saying that he needed to get more spiritual and that the first person who talked to him about their church he would go to that church. So I talked to him! And then he came to church and he is so golden! He has a family. A wife and a couple kids. He thinks I am like an angel cause I talked to him, he was like "how did you know I needed a church?!" And I told him that the spirit told me to talk to him, he thought that was sick. I did too.

Then we had a lesson with a Methodist preacher lady and taught her the restoration, we told her her church was false and she took it well she actually wants to go up to the priesthood restoration site with us this weekend too, so we are gonna go with her her husband and brother W! I love brother W he is so boss! You guys gotta meet him! He already knows about all y'all!

We had a lot of people come to church a guy named S from Pakistan, W., H., a lady named R who we just set her
with a date, in fact the first thing she said when we came to teach her for the second time was "I want to convert I felt the same feeling when I read the Book of Mormon as I felt when you guys were teaching me the last time" we were like sweet! So she should get baptized the end of November. M didn't come to church tho. She got into some anti Christian stuff which was super lame. We told her she needed to read the Book of Mormon to find out if the church is true and not some lame Internet jawn.

Sounds like some crazy stuff is happening down in good ol st geezy! I hope dad has a fantabulous birthday this week and I'm sorry I won't be there. But I'll be there for the next one I promise! I will send something to him! I will send you my talks and stuff too. Most are in Spanish but I'll translate them as much as I can... But I love you
all!
Love Elder Hillstead

No comments:

Post a Comment