I got your package! I loved it! And thanks for the pumpkins and webs and food, we really needed those. Elder Minnich's mom made us beanies! So many letters, a package, and a messy apartment!
Hope everything is good there.Things are pretty much the same here. Not much crazy stuff. Just working. All day. Everyday. 16 hours a day on our feet! (And bikes) Wowzers. We didn't have too much success this week. There hasn't been a baptism for a long time. My goal is to get at least one before I leave the area. Gosh the frustration is real this week. Missionary work is super hard. When you think about it, it's probably the most illogical thing that you could think of to do at 18 years old. You leave your family, your home, all the things that make you happy, you can't listen to your music, or check your insta. Honestly you walk around all day, rain or shine, talking to people in a language you don't know, making a fool of yourself most of the time trying to get into people's houses. You get up at 6:30 every morning, study for 4 hours every morning and you plan every night. And sometimes you don't see as much success as you think you should. And yet... Something I don't get... Is that the entire time, I feel like what I'm doing is so.....right. When everyone else in the world thinks "why would you do that? Are you crazy?" honestly I feel like I'm in the refiners fire. I make mistakes every day. Sometimes I feel like my Spanish is getting worse. But then I look back at my MTC study notebook and realize, I have come soooo far. And I have SO much more to learn. 2 years is a short time. Spanish is still hard. Some days I feel like I do great with it and then other days I am very humbled by it. Elder Minnich is an amazing trainer.That's just been my thoughts this week, the work is moving forward, I'm really trying my best out here. Keep the prayers comin.
No comments:
Post a Comment