So this week me and elder Minnich tried to focus more on the less actives and visit them. We just reminded them what they are a part of. Christ's true church. And that seemed to put a spark back in some of their eyes. As far as our teaching...#1 is doing great, #2 is not progressing, and #3 has a baptismal date set for November 2. We got like 4 baptismal dates set but we'll see how that goes. They haven't had one in this area for a while. English classes are great as always.
Did I mention that our church is a bank? Well it used to be a bank. I don't think I've mentioned that but yeah it's cool. Oh I broke a chair yesterday at conference. I sat down on one of these metal chairs and I fell right through it! So funny!! It's cooling down a lot here. The leaves are starting to change. I can't wait for them to change completely it will be so beautiful!!! Our pipes froze last night and we don't have heating in our apartment so my sleep has been pretty bad. I only have kenzies quilt! But I can find another one. I've already been out 2 1/2 transfers! Only like 13 1/2 more!? Wowzers that's not very many. Minnich says I'll be fluent by Christmas still. I still don't believe him. Actually maybe I do. I love Spanish and Hispanics!
This week was good though we are teaching a lot and meeting so many prepared people! This one time during the week people were not letting us in to their houses! So we were on the corner of this street trying to decide what to do when we heard this guy screaming at us "hey! you guys church people!" We were like yeah! Wowzers! and he was like I'm looking for a church to go to so we said "cmon!" And gave him a tour of the church. It's crazy that we were there at that exact time that he was! He's real prepared.
So conference was AMAZING huh!? It was by far the best one yet! Or maybe that's just cause I payed a lot of attention haha. But I was thinking how you are watching this right now and kenz and jake and Joe and Cason! And like we are all united even though we're apart! Crazy. I watched all the Spanish speakers speak Spanish and I could understand alright. Not great but okay. I really loved how they talked about young men really preparing for missions because that kid that L Tom Perry was describing was me. I definitely could have prepared better for this. I could've done so much more! I also loved how elder bednar was speaking to the investigators of the church. We had 3 at conference ;) Sooooo powerful! Ahh it was so good, I also loved how Utchdorf spoke on worldly knowledge because we face so many people that think they know everything. We really don't. Man just sooo good. Well this week was real good, I'm heading to philly again tomorrow, it's only an hour away! And today I think we're going to Vineland.
Well I love you all! Keep me in your prayers for the language! I need it!
No comments:
Post a Comment