Monday, September 29, 2014

I'm a Missionary ~ 9-29-14

Man sounds like an exciting week. I don't get to travel much. Cept around the city of Bridgeton ...walking and biking...Hammered! I'm still trying with the Spanish, I can pretty much understand what people are saying to me now, it's just the communicating back to them that's hard. I can read in Spanish just fine. It's a real process this language thing! But I gotta get it so I can bring the spirit and answer people's questions. So this week was pretty hectic haha, me and Papa M. got invited to another church by some dude on the street. So we went haha! they pray a ton! And I didn't feel the spirit at all. And then the head preacher took us into a room and was like asking us questions. And then he started going off on us.  And then he and his wife invited us to eat at their house.. So we did! Haha the food was great but they really just invited us over to Bash some more...Then they invited us to repent! We just shared our testimonys and our point of views and left. Lots of people like to try to prove us wrong here. But I know that our church is true. I was super excited to go to church on Sunday at our church and feel the spirit again.  We found another family (of another religion) that invited us in and were trying to rebuke us but my comp is really knowledgeable about the bible so he pretty much shut them down. I just sat there and looked pretty. Haha! But man people just don't wanna listen... Welp I'm Ryan Hillstead, this week kinda sucked, and I'm a missionary. Peace out world! This week will be better I hope. Patience is a virtue! Pray for my Spanish!  
Love Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment