So this week was super fun! And cool! So we had A's baptism this week, I think I sent you the picture. But it was real good, she was so happy! And her mom gave a real good talk at the baptism. F's baptism didn't happen this week, her family went outta town so we are doing it this coming week. It will be awesome! We got the chance to do a lot of service this week. (Long story, but they ended up towing a guy's truck that was totaled.) Then another day we got to clean up a lady's yard, and mowed a huge lawn, helped a member move in, all in the same day. I think that was the only day I didn't get in my white shirt and tie on my mission. It was weird. But it was a good thing to do. We went on exchanges and I went down to Cape May with Elder Gibbons. He's from Canada, he's super rad! Oh and also did I mention that transfer calls were this week? I'm a district leader again, staying here, Elder Chapman is leaving and is gonna be a district leader also in his new area. Supa coo! I gave a talk in Spanish and English sacrament yesterday about "feeding my sheep" I used Ezra Taft Benson's book and the talk "and nothing shall offend them" by David a bednar. That was actually a talk I wanted you to read too momma. It's a great one. So uhm we have a new family in the Ward from Liberia.They are so awesome! They both served missions and have gone through the temple. He was an AP. and he worked for the church in Liberia. Can't wait to work with him! Exciting things going on here! Joshys birthday is coming up huh? Crazy! So mostly we are teaching the Spanish, a lot of Spanish investigators that we are trying to hit. The legalization (of LGBT marriage) hasn't really affected the work, we've been sharing (the first presidency's letter) with many people. And I got your package! It was awesome! Thank you so much! Hump day! I loved the Kendama! I use it err day! My thoughts this week...I'm just excited for the future.
Love Elder Hillstead

No comments:
Post a Comment