Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Superheroes......9/21/15

Hey momma! So this week was kind of hammered... I got sick!! I got like a really bad cold right after I got my flu shot. Elder chapman got it too:/ but we only stayed inside for like 2 hours after district meeting on Thursday cause there is lots of work to be done! So I was pretty stuffy in the lessons and coughing a lot haha, but it's okay! It was still a really great week! Every week is a great week in the mission field! Haha! There is a new family that moved into the Ward! We are working with them cause they actually aren't baptized yet. They have been being taught for like 2 years! Haha! We also did a lot of tracting this week! we found a lot of Spanish people who have potential! I'm so excited to meet with them! I also got to interview a 16 yr old that is getting baptized this coming week and he is truly amazing. He is so smart! And he kept asking me questions about the mission and about how he really wasn't sure if he wanted to go, he said he just wanted to go to college. but then I just bore my testimony to him about my mission and what it has meant to me. I know he felt why missions were important and then on Sunday his mother came up to me and just thanked me for what I had said to him. She said he wouldn't stop talking about it in the car and on the way home, and that he really wants to go on a mission now. so that was really really cool for me. He is gonna be an awesome missionary! Ah I love this work!

So I haven't gotten my tooth checked out yet. I know I need to, it's not hurting it just looks like there is a hole in my tooth! I talked to the first counselor in our Ward cause he is a dentist but he is still in school so he can't do it. We didn't get to go to the restoration site... :/ bummer but all the sisters that are serving up there in our mission did! Crazy! I haven't gotten any letters recently, oh wait I did get the one with all the missionary stuff! Such cool stuff happening! My clothes are good. I think they'll be fine for a while. Except my short sleeved shirts but it's cooling down a lot so I will probably be wearing my long sleeves here shortly. So don't worry bout it. You can send me that album, we can listen to it :) We don't have any couples here in north philly :/ but I really love serving with them! Yah it's just me and Elder Brky in the apartment and we are lovin it! I love that guy! He wants me to go to Utah State with him! But idk I'm still thinkin SUU. Haha! Oh well! I'll think about that wayyy later!


Thank you so much for the pictures! It sounds and looks like you all had a fantastic week! I wish I was there to see it! But I know and you know that the Lord wants and needs me here in North Philadelphia and I truly am so happy to be here! I love the mission! I love what it does to people, it truly transforms you!


This week, the pope is coming, and D Todd Christopherson is gonna speak to us. We have a mission leadership conference this week and we suspect that he is coming cause the APs said we might have a special guest. :) so I am super excited! I can't wait!
Love Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment