Wednesday, February 24, 2016

2/22/16

This place is super cool! It's got a lot of rolling hills and trees and beautiful scenery. It's even got a Pagoda. Look it up. It's rad. And it's right next to our apartment. I am serving as District Leader here over the Spanish district, I got some of the best elders in the mission serving with me. Elder Knuth is here! I love that kid! He was with me back in spring garden when he was being trained. It's so cool to see the growth of these missionaries that I saw being trained. My companion is Elder P from Texas and his family is from Mexico. He is pretty cool. I'm back in a car area but we still walk a lot cause the area is pretty jam packed with people! We have the chance to talk to a ton of peeps and most of them speak Spanish! It's great. I love my new area! The members here are awesome! We have been eating a lot with the members just getting to know them and what not. We have had a great week. We are working with some children that are just awesome. They are over 8 and want to be baptized. Ones name is J and the other is E and she is actually getting baptized next week so we are super excited for her! I'm just seriously happy to be here! Our church building is on the fifth floor of a place called he the "centro Hispano" it's just a center where Hispanics go to take tests and other citizen stuff. But we are gonna start doing English classes there to get all the people interested in the gospel. It's gonna be awesome! We also got to go on the roof! I'll send some pics. But life is going great here! Lovin the mission life! Anyways, not too much to say this week but I love all of you! 

Love Elder Hillstead

No comments:

Post a Comment