Monday, June 29, 2015
June 22, 2015 email
(This picture is the view from his apartment balcony....)
Hey Momma! What's up? So I saw all those sick wedding pics! They are freakin awesome! Ahhhhhh! I wish I could've been there!
But yah we have definitely been tackling that big picture with all the peeps. We been knockin doors for dayzz! Makin calls for dayzz! But it's been sweet, we've seen a lot of miracles. We met one Dominican lady on her porch a week ago and had an awesome lesson with her yesterday. She hasn't gone to a specific church because they all teach different things and it confuses her so she freakin loved the story of Joseph Smith! We also have a couple of youngsters that wanna get baptized that we are teaching. They are like 9 yrs old but they really have the desire to be baptized, they told their parents so we are makin sure they are really ready. We be walkin, talkin, teachin, preachin, all kinds of stuff!
It's super super hot and humid, especially when you live right by the ocean. Constantly sweating, even at night! Cause we try not to use our Air conditioning too much cause it costs our landlord a lot of money. So we are pretty good about not using it haha!
Oh hey! We also have a mission tour going on tomorrow. Elder Kacher from the 70 is coming to speak to us! It is gonna be awesome! I'm so excited! We all had to prepare talks about the atonement cause he is gonna call on some of us randomly to give them. Maybe I'll have to speak! Oh and mom, there is a kid named B that is gonna be a counselor at youth conference also. We used to hang out a lot, he would come to apptmnts with us and he just got his mission call to Peru! He is super sick!
(answering questions from the letter) Elder chapman has been out 9 months and he is a really good elder, real awesome guy, we get along really well, and we are workin hard. I did get your letter this week! Thank you! I love hearing about what is goin on in that crazy Hillstead house on Catawba cir! We just set up a meal calendar with the members of the Spanish branch, they love cooking for the missionaries! :) So this week we taught 11 lessons. Pretty good week. And wow! I can't believe I'll be home in exactly a year... That's scary to think about. I feel like I haven't learned too much haha! But I'm trying my hardest out here and learning from the trials that are placed in my path. I know I can overcome anything through Christ who strengthens me.
Love you! Love Elder Hillstead
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment