Tuesday, June 9, 2015

June in Philly 6/8/15



I am doing just great! So guess what! I am getting transferred! Which kinda stinks cause I wanted to be here for C and P's wedding and baptism.. Dang! But I did get the package that you sent for them! I opened it...They are gonna love That frame! C said that he wanted me to baptize him so I'll probs come back to do that. I am excited for this next transfer Haha. It was actually really really hard to say goodbye to my district. This has been the BEST district I've ever been in, probly cause it's mine..haha but for reals! We were sooooo tight! And Elder Paulsen went home today. That was sad. He is such a great guy! It was sad to see him go. I'm excited for a new start in another area tho, I've been here for 6 months! Cray cray! I feel like my Spanish has been pretty crappy this week, probably cause we haven't had much time for studies, we've had stuff to go to like every morning! Like meetings and exchanges, ahh! I NEED my study time haha! I love studying! But anyways, yesterday I shared my testimony in sacrament meeting and I had to say goodbye to a lot of ward members. It was sad. We are teaching a lot of people, just like super random peeps that we find on the street. It's been crazy awesome! We tract every day it's awesome! Talkin to peeps, getting yelled at, some guy actually smacked me this week haha! It was scary! We walked out of a store and this guy just starts cussing at us. Like yelling super loud at us and then he started following us! I was on the phone with our bishop and he smacked the phone and my face said "you ain't really on the phone!" He legit wanted to fight! So I said a prayer and he walked away. It was sketch! Haha!

But anyways, I have been reading in Mosiah lately and about how we always need to watch our thoughts words and deeds, I have been trying to be better about that, sometimes I can let my mouth run and say things that are real dumb or that don't make sense haha. But in reality also, our thoughts lead to actions, we cannot think of bad things and expect to be good people. We need to sanctify ourselves, our thoughts especially. Keep that in mind always.


Love, Elder Hillstead

No comments:

Post a Comment