Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Transfers......serving in Atlantic City! 6/15/15

So you totally heard!? I'm in Atlantic City!! Right next to the freakin beach! But we can't even go over there cause nobody wears clothes. People are disgusting...But I freakin love it here! It's wayyyy more clean than Philadelphia, there's not nearly as much trash. And it's a bit smaller than my other area. We have a car but we don't use it like at all cause we don't have very many miles on it. We have bus passes and our legs! As always..haha but yah I'm totally serving with an English companion. Elder Chapman is from Orem, Utah and we are great buds.  I am in charge of the whole Spanish area, and I'll send you a picture of how big it is and how many potentials I have! It's crazy awesome! I'm soooo excited to be here. So we go to 2 branches here, the Spanish and English, there is about 30 Spanish members and like 10 English members. We got a lot of work to do here. Let me just say I LOVE our apartment, it is right on the waterfront! You can literally fish from our patio so we do our weekly and daily planning out there. It's amazing! Oh our apartment is also next to a bar and they party all night which is kind of a hammer but it's awesome! We live above an old lady named L.  But yah the casino part and city is pretty bad. But we have had some great adventures! A Mexican woman pretty much asked me to marry her on the bus. Ugh.. People are weird. We also got yelled at by some guy selling diapers from his truck about how we are gonna burn, and our leaders don't believe in Jesus Christ. We met some cool peeps this week, this guy that works at zumiez is super cool and he's a boss skater! We teach gospel doctrine and Sunday school in church and we pretty much have to do everything in sacrament cause the wards lack the priesthood. It's kind of weird but I speak Spanish still a ton cause pretty much all of AC is Hispanic. I'm teaching elder chapman how to speak. We are teaching like 3 English investigators and the old Spanish elders gave us like 10 Spanish investigators. So stoked! I'm workin super hard!
Well I love you fam bam! 

No comments:

Post a Comment