Hey mom, "A sobering week" is a really good way to describe it. I've been thinking about Joe constantly just wondering how he's been doing. I have only heard things from the members here and what is on lds.org, one member told me on Wednesday what went down in Brussels and I thought about Joe and how he was close to there. I also thought about Wade hoping it wasn't either of them that was injured, it's crazy too cause the member telling me this actually said that the missionaries were killed in the explosion so I was freaking out when she said Joe's name. I was like that's my friend! And I felt so horrible. Later I found out that they were just injured. And that was good to hear. I am so glad to hear that they will recover, that is very good news to me. Have they done an interview with Joe yet on the news? I know they did one with Elder Wells and the other missionary girl. Send me all the information that you can about him and pictures of his recovery please. I emailed him today. I hope he can read them.
Other than that this week was a very good week, we have been setting many people with baptismal dates and are helping them come into the fold. That brother and sister that I told you about have a baptismal date and also 2 others that we have found this week. I love this work, I love seeing the spirit work in these people as we have taught them about the restoration and the Book of Mormon, I always feel edified as I do His work in His way. I have been praying so hard for all the people affected by the Brussels bombings and especially for the Empey family. This stuff has really been a wake up call to me that we can't take life for granted. It is so fragile and our loved ones could be gone in an instant. I've just thought a lot about how I need to be letting everyone know how much I love them every chance I get because you never know what will happen. In the course of even one day, they could be gone. So that's why I just want to let you all know that I love you very much. You mean the world to me and I am so glad I have had the chance to be a part of the wonderful Hillstead family. I am proud to have that name, even though a lot of people can't pronounce it here haha! I am having a blast out here and can't wait to see what the future has in store.
No comments:
Post a Comment