Hello mi momma! Thank you so much for the emails every week! They make my week:) this week was a week of miracles and also some crazy stuff. As always. So to start out the week.
On Tuesday: we had exchanges with the ZLs! We had a lot of fun and we talked to so many people that day! All of our appointments cancelled for that day, we had like 6 of them set up! So I was kind of peeved at that but God had something else in store for us that day and that was talking to everyone in town. We saw some huge miracles from that, we found like 3 less active members that haven't been to church in a long time. One person we saw on the steps so we go talk to him and ask him if he has seen us before and he was like yah I'm a less active member! And we were like whoa! No way! So we set up an appointment with him and taught his family the next day! He is super rad and I love his fam! Also I called the cops cause there was a drunk guy laying in the gutter and he couldn't move! The firemen came and everything. Now I can't say I've never called 911 before haha! Miracles!
Wednesday: we had Zone Conference which was super awesome! I learned so much about the importance of the sabbath day and how even as missionaries that day should be something super special. Even though we do have a billion things to do. I also learned that the key to missionary work is Desire. The key in life is desire. If we have no desire to achieve something we won't ever get it. Everything starts and ends with desire. I love that.
Thursday: we had a great district meeting and we talked about our goals as a district. I thought it would be good to focus on setting people with a baptismal date. So we focused on that and our desires as missionaries. And as we recommitted to inviting people to repent and be baptized we saw miracles that very same day. We set 3 more people with a baptismal date and have a ton of faith that they will get there! I love these people and these Elders here!
I can't really remember much of Friday and Saturday a lot of appointments cancelled.
Sunday: miracle day! We found 5 new investigators yesterday! We found a family of 4 and they are cool! Also we started some English classes up on Saturday, not too many people showed up but we are getting the word out. In fact some people came up to us on Walmart today and we told them about it and they were super excited to come! Also J's baptism will be this Saturday so we are excited for that! He is a stud! Has such a strong testimony even tho he is young!
Questions: I definitely watched the Jeffrey R Holland broadcast! It was super chèvre! He is so cool! I saw that Blake got to shake his hand! That is so cool!
The weather is kinda getting cooler. I hope it warms up. It rained today. :/
I have talked to elder minnich! I'm so happy he is getting married and yah he told me the story! I can't wait to see that man. That's so cool that Kalon is the branch president!
Welp anyways I love y'all.
Love Elder Hillstead
No comments:
Post a Comment