First off I'm staying with elder Padilla. We moved into a new apartment. I'm feeling real good about this place and my district. I love it! I'm staying real busy and working hard! I didn't get my package... And the other elders haven't seen it. ;( ahhhhhhh! I'm kinda mad about that. But it's okay. I found out that Elder Mitchell is coming over here! He'll be in my district. I'm excited about that! Reunited with my boy! I haven't heard anything from Joe yet, idk if he has had time on his email. Keep sending me info on him, I haven't heard much from president cause he's been really busy.
As far as conference, it was amazing wasn't it? We didn't have any people show up sadly. But I loved Elder Hollands so much and also elder Nelsons talking about the priesthood! I'm so excited for all those peeps leaving on their missions! So exciting!
This week we saw a cool miracle.So Elder Knuth and I were in his area and we went to go visit a member that had suffered a stroke. So we were visiting with this super cool dude and he brought up how there are people in the hospital that don't get visits. They just sit there, all alone, without anyone. So Knuth and I kind of looked at eachother and said, "you want to go visit random people..?" We both thought it would be cool, so we did. We finished our visit and went to the nurse's station and asked the nurse working there if there was anyone who
hadn't had a visit recently. And she thought and thought a little bit and finally said, "room 6 hasn't had a visit in a long time." So off we go practically skipping over there we were so excited to visit someone. We didn't even know his name..! So we asked a nurse as we walked up and she told us his name. So we walk in the room and he says, "Hey elders!" We stopped dead in our tracks. Like a deer in headlights haha. We asked him how he knew us. And he told us, "I was baptized back in '98. 😮 apparently he was a member and he was in the hospital because got hit by a bus! So sad! He is really goin through a rough time right now, so I gave him a blessing and he said it was much needed. Love miracles like that!
Anyways I love y'all! Hope everything is chill for ya!
Love Elder Hillstead
No comments:
Post a Comment